Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways that people use to earn money only. In affiliate marketing, individuals partner up with different businesses in order to promote the products or services of that business, while earning a commission for the same.
It is often sought out by Instagrammers who have a large audience to promote and sell products while not having an actual product to sell. Instagrammers are simply earning from promoting somebody else’s products, by taking a certain percentage of the profit from the purchases made up by the Instagrammer’s audience. Does it sound like something you would want to do? Then we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll be discussing how to earn money through affiliate marketing on Instagram.
Choose your category
Pick a Niche
The first step to affiliate marketing is to choose a niche you’re passionate about. It needs to be something that reflects your personality. Something your interest lies in. Something you are aware of and knowledgeable about. Choosing the right niche for you is important because you will have to spend most of your time dealing with that area. You will have to research, experiment, and then post about it.
Your Instagram shouldn’t be filled with random stuff. It should be focused on something your passion lies in. You will need to stick to the niche you choose, hence trying to find the right balance in where/what you are passionate about is important.
Maybe you are interested in food? Maybe you are interested in traveling? Maybe you are interested in fashion? Maybe you are interested in photography? Maybe you are interested in makeup? Whatever it is that you are interested in and passionate about, pick that as your niche. And grow with it.
Choosing The Right Affiliate Marketing Programs.
Once you have chosen your niche, the next step is to choose the right affiliate marketing programs. There are thousands of affiliate marketing programs that you can sign up with.
A majority of businesses offer affiliate programs. So choose ones that are in and around your niche. Once you have established your niche in the first step, you know what content your posts are focused on. If your niche is food, then you should opt for food affiliate programs. If your followers follow you because you post content related to hotel reviews, then you need to find hotel affiliate programs. You are informing your followers about the things you are interested in, and they follow you to know more about it. If you post irrelevant content, they won’t follow you. So choose affiliate programs that sell products your audience can relate to and that will add value to their lives.
Some of the top affiliate marketing programs:
- Flipkart Affiliate: You can join the Flipkart affiliate program for free. And make money. All you have to do is make your followers make purchases from Flipkart through you, and you will earn a commission.
- Amazon Associates: Joining Amazon Associates is free. You can also earn advertising fees from all Qualifying Purchases, not just the products advertised.
- vCommission: It is an Affiliate Network delivering performances on web & mobile to top Indian brands through a growing network.
- Optimise: It is a leading affiliate network with partners from +30 countries. It gives a lot of Affiliates, Mobile, and Reward Solutions to brands all across the globe, and affiliates get lots of CPA, CPS, and mobile offers to promote.
- DGM India: India’s leading digital ad network lets affiliates earn a considerable amount of commission by promoting attractive commission rates across all programs, with additional rewards and bonuses for top performers.
Find more affiliate marketing networks for affiliate marketing programs at Top 15 Affiliate Programs & Network in India.
Promote Affiliate Products
Once you have collaborated with brands and signed up for affiliate products, the final step is to promote these products. The most basic hack to promoting affiliate products is an engaged audience. Here’s a list of things you would want to focus on while promoting affiliate products.
- Using Images: The images you post are the most important. These images are what will grab the attention of your followers, and audience. The best way to promote the affiliated product is by putting it in use and sharing a picture of it. So, this works as influencing your audience into purchasing the affiliated products, rather than making it an obvious sales pitch.
- Formating the Images: A way to engage your followers in your content is by visually making it appealing. You can put multiple pictures in one post, from different angles, telling a different story about the product. Or you could make entertaining and catchy videos about the product.
- Going Live: Instagram has introduced a feature to go Live. This is an effective way to interact and communicate with your followers. Going Live and talking to your followers will help you build a relationship with them. Use this feature to talk to your followers about your affiliate products, maybe you could also use it while on Live.
- Indirect Advertising: Spamming your followers with constant content about the affiliate products might irritate them and they might end up not liking it. So, you should be able to advertise your affiliate product discretely, with a strategy.
- Using Hashtags: Using relevant hashtags is the best way to increase your reach to a newer audience while introducing them to your affiliate products. Add hashtags to the description of every post you post about the affiliate products
What To Avoid While Affiliate Marketing
The tone. The way you present your products is very important. If the tone of your content is like a sales pitch, your audience will not want to reciprocate. The key here is to talk to your audience as if you are explaining something to your family or friends. The tone will be more soothing. It will be an attention-catcher.
Making Money Through Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is one of the most profitable ways to earn money if you are ready to put in the work. You need to set up your account correctly. An account that has a substantial number of followers. Choose a niche you are passionate about. Contact affiliate brands. And promote affiliate products.
The payment that you receive will be based on the commission from the brand you are associated with. When a follower clicks the link provided to them by you and chooses to buy the product, the company will be alerted that you were the affiliate that led them to make the purchase of that product. As a result, a certain percentage of the profit will be shared with you.