Dr. Seuss faced many challenges in his lifetime. Some were devastating deaths and some were horrible wars, but despite all the negativity that surrounded him, Seuss remained an optimist with a heart of gold.
He published his first children’s book And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street in 1937.
The author has a unique way of writing, his words are simple yet challenging, so getting a little bit confused while reading a list of Dr. Seuss’s quotes, is a common reaction. Reading some of his quotes you’ll realize how his few words can carry such strong emotions.
Choose your category
Who was Dr. Seuss?
Theodor Seuss Geisel was an American children’s author, political cartoonist, illustrator, poet, animator, and filmmaker. He is known for his work writing and illustrating more than 60 books under the pen name Dr. Seuss. His work includes many of the most popular English-speaking children’s books of all time, selling over 600 million copies and being translated into more than 20 languages by the time of his death.
He adopted the name “Dr. Seuss” as an undergraduate at Dartmouth College and as a graduate student at Lincoln College, Oxford. He left Oxford in 1927 to begin his career as an illustrator and cartoonist for Vanity Fair, Life, and various other publications.
Inspirational Dr. Seuss quotes
These quotes will inspire you and will want you to become a better version of yourself.
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…
- Think and wonder, wonder and think.
- Think! You can think any Think that you wish!
- I’m telling you this ‘cause you’re one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends!
- Only you can control your future.
- You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
- He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man
- With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
- Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!
- So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed!
- Congratulations! Today is your day!
You might also want to check out Wedding Captions for Bride
Famous quotes by Dr. Seuss
This is what makes this brilliant man so famous.
- All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!
- If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he didn’t!
- You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may!
- And you very small persons will not have to die if you make yourselves heard! So come on, now, and TRY!
- So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!
- Everything stinks till it’s finished.
- Teeth are always in style.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
- If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good
- I am what I am! That’s a great thing to be! If I say so my self, Happy Birthday to me!
You might also want to check out Sangeet Captions for Your Instagram
Dr. Seuss quotes for kids
Even though he never had biological kids, he still had a special place in his heart for them.
- It is fun to have fun but you have to know how.
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- Kid, you’ll move mountains!
- If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
- I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- Adults are just outdated children.
- Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
Check out more quarantine captions at 200+ Lockdown Captions for Quarantine Instagram
Quotes by Dr. Seuss on learning
You are never too old to stop learning. Read these quotes to know why.
- “It is better to know how to learn than to know.”
- “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!”
- “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
- “Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted.”
- “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!”
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
- “You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
- “Think and wonder, wonder and think.”
- “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?”
- “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
- “It’s better to know how to learn than to know.”
You might also want to check out 120+ FALL Instagram Captions for AUTUMN
Dr. Seuss quotes to make you laugh
This list of quotes by Dr. Seuss will make you laugh even when you want to cry.
- They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!
- How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?
- Being crazy isn’t enough.
- I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
- Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!
- Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
- I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
- Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
- In the places I go there are things that I see that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.
- In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!
You might also want to check out GIRLS Instagram Captions
Dr. Seuss quotes to make your heart warm
Love is the medicine to all your problems.
- To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.
- People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
- When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.
- Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.
Know more about the right hashtags at Instagram Hashtags 2020 – The Only Guide You Need.