When Greta Thunberg was 15, she started the climate strike to force the politicians to take preventive action as entire ecosystems are collapsing.
Her climate strikes made waves on social media and influenced a lot of people from all over the world to take a stand. She is well-known for her ‘Our house is on fire’ speech that she delivered at the World Economic Forum to gain more perspective on things.
Here are some life-changing and inspiring quotes by the climate activist that grew up too fast for her time.
Choose your category
Who is Greta Thunberg?
Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist who is known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action for climate change mitigation. Thunberg initially gained notice for her youth and her straightforward speaking manner, both in public and to political leaders and assemblies, in which she criticizes world leaders for their failure to take what she considers sufficient action to address the climate crisis.
Greta Thunberg Quotes on climate change
Climate change is a huge issue affecting us in our day-to-day lives. We all need to work together to put a stop to it. Find out how you can help to prevent it through these quotes.
- We cannot solve a crisis without treating it as a crisis. And if solutions within the system are so impossible to find, then maybe we should change the system itself.
- Without that sense of urgency, how can we, the people, understand that we are facing a real crisis.
- I have a dream that the people in power, as well as the media, start treating this crisis like the existential emergency it is.
- I’m sure the moment we start behaving as if we were in an emergency, we can avoid climate and ecological catastrophe.
- To all of you who choose to look the other way every day because you seem more frightened of the changes that can prevent catastrophic climate change than the catastrophic climate change itself. Your silence is worst of all.
- I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet, you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you?
- The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change.
- For way too long, the politicians and the people in power have gotten away with not doing anything to fight the climate crisis, but we will make sure that they will not get away with it any longer.
- You must take action. You must do the impossible. Because giving up is never an option.
- This is the biggest crisis humanity has ever faced.
You might also like SHORT Instagram Captions 2020
Impactful Greta Thunberg Quotes
These quotes by Greta Thunberg left an impact on a lot of people all around the world and they helped to get on the path towards what is right. If you also need a push to get on that path, keep on reading and you will surely succeed.
- We will never stop fighting for this planet.
- You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. Yet, I am one of the lucky ones. People are suffering.
- I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic.
- If there are no positive things to tell, then what should we do, should we spread false hope? We can’t do that, we have to tell the truth.
- We are striking because we have done our homework and they have not.
- We can change and people are ready for change.
- You must not gamble your children’s future on the flip of a coin.
- There is hope – I’ve seen it – but it does not come from the governments or corporations, it comes from the people.
- What is the point of learning facts when the most important facts clearly mean nothing to our society?
- People in power have got away with not doing anything.
You might also like to check out FUNNY Instagram Captions 2020
Greta Thunberg capitalism quotes
We all are led to believe that capitalism is a need for development and growth. But is it really true? Through these quotes, you’ll find out how capitalism plays an important part in global warming.
- Everything needs to change – and it has to start today.
- We must start today. We have no more excuses.
- Together and united, we are unstoppable.
- It will take a far-reaching vision, it will take courage, it will take fierce, fierce determination to act now, to lay the foundations where we may not know all the details about how to shape the ceiling.
- When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go. And then you know you’re winning!
- Humans are very adaptable: we can still fix this.
- I often talk to people who say, ‘No, we have to be hopeful and to inspire each other, and we can’t tell [people] too many negative things . . . But, no — we have to tell it like it is.
- I don’t really like being in the center of attention. I’m not used to that. All my life I have been like the invisible girl at the back that no one sees or listens to.
- Without pressure from the people, our leaders can basically get away with not doing anything.
- Our school strike has nothing to do with party politics. Because the climate and the biosphere don’t care about our politics and our empty words for a single second.
You might also want to check out Short Smile Captions for Instagram Selfies
Nature quotes by Greta Thunberg
Sometimes we all forget that nature is what balances everything! We go on to harm nature and we’ve come to the point that there’s almost no way to undo it. But we have to find a way to make things better for the future generations to come.
- Humanity is now standing at a crossroads.
- This ongoing irresponsible behavior will no doubt be remembered in history as one of the greatest failures of humankind.
- You must take action. You must do the impossible. Because giving up can never ever be an option.”
- Political leaders have wasted decades through denial and inaction”
- I think it is insane that people are gathered here to talk about the climate, and they arrive here in private jets.
- I’m just going to do what I want to do and what will have the most impact.
- Many of you appear concerned that we are wasting valuable lesson time, but I assure you we will go back to school the moment you start listening to science and give us a future.
- Our House is on fire and you are fuelling the flames.
- And the next second, they want to expand airports, build new coal power plants and motorways.
- You must unite behind the science.
- Some decision-makers in particular, have known exactly what priceless values they have been sacrificing to continue making unimaginable amounts of money.
You might want to check out Best Cool Attitude captions for Selfies Status
Famous Greta Thunberg Quotes
Greta Thunberg, a brilliant young person full of life and change. She always makes our eyes shine with her appearances and activist. Read some of the most amazing quotes by this iconic person.
- You say you love your children above all else and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.
- Since our leaders are behaving like children, we will have to take the responsibility they should have taken long ago.
- We need to get angry and understand what is at stake. And then we need to transform that anger into action and to stand together united and just never give up.
- In other words, it will take cathedral thinking. I ask you to please wake up and make changes required possible.
- Sometimes we just simply have to find a way.
- It is still not too late to act
- We deserve a safe future. And we demand a safe future. Is that really too much to ask?
- Right here, right now is where we draw the line. The world is waking up. And change is coming whether you like it or not.
- Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more, when no one is doing anything to save that future?
- We children are doing this to wake the adults up. We children are doing this for you to put your differences aside and start acting as you would in a crisis. We children are doing this because we want our hopes and dreams back.
You might also like Cute Instagram Captions for Girls