As a Man Thinketh, James Allen shares the simple message: As we think, so we become. ‘As a Man Thinketh’ is a very short book. In fact, it is more a literary essay than a book. However, don’t let the size of the book fool you. I would venture to say that this is one of those few books where the potential impact it can have on your life is inversely related to the volume of pages contained within it. Some books have many pages, but say little, while others have few pages, but say much. This book is one of the few that fall within the latter.
It talks about courage and gives us an infinite number of lessons to take with us. These quotes will surely lift you up when you feel lonely or want a dash of hope in your life.
Captions you will Love !!
Who was James Allen?
James Allen was a British philosophical writer known for his inspirational books and poetry and as a pioneer of the self-help movement. The book ‘As a Man Thinketh” is his ultimate legacy. It has been mass-produced since its publication in 1903. It is one of the most popular self-help books around and would be considered essential reading for being such a short and inspirational read at less than 50 pages.
Courageous as a Man Thinketh quotes
These quotes will help you to find courage even in the darkest of nights.
- “All things at last yield to the silent, irresistible, all conquering energy of purpose.”
- He who cherishes a beautiful vision, a lofty ideal in his heart, will one day realize it.”
- “A man does not live until he begins to discipline himself; he merely exists.”
- “The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.”
- “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.”
- “The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny.”
- “Do not dwell upon the sins and mistakes of yesterday so exclusively as to have no energy and mind left for living rightly today, and do not think that the sins of yesterday can prevent you from living purely today.”
- “For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?”
- “The key to happiness is having dreams; the key to success is making them come true.”
- “Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become, your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.”
- “Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”
- “The dreamers are the saviors of the world. As the visible world is sustained by the invisible, so men, through all their trials and sins and sordid vocations, are nourished by the beautiful visions of their solitary dreamers.”
Also, check out: Short Smile Captions for Instagram Selfies || Cute Famous Love
As a Man Thinketh quotes on love
Love is the foundation of relationships. These quotes will fill your heart with love.
- “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped, and even then the weak must become strong of himself, he must, by his own efforts develop the strength which he admires in another. None but himself can alter his condition.”
- “The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do.”
- “A man remains ignorant because he loves ignorance, and chooses ignorant thoughts; a man becomes wise because he loves wisdom and chooses wise thoughts.”
- “You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.”
- “No temptation can gravitate to a man unless there is that is his heart which is capable of responding to it.”
- “No man is hindered by another; he is only hindered by himself. No man suffers because of another; he suffers only because of himself.”
- “Fixedness of purpose is the root of all successful efforts.”
- “Renew your resolution daily, and in the hour of temptation do not depart from the right path.”
- “Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts inevitably bring about right results.”
Also, check out: Best Instagram Boys Captions in 2020 (Copy & Paste)
Self-help quotes in As a Man Thinketh
If you ever feel like you need help to figure out your way in life, read these!
- “Every man is where he is by the law of his being; the thoughts which he has built into his character have brought him there, and in the arrangement of his life there is no element of chance, but all is the result of a law which cannot err.”
- “The man who thinks hateful thoughts brings hatred upon himself. The man who thinks loving thoughts is loved.”
- “Every action and feeling is preceded by a thought.”
- “The world is your kaleidoscope, and the varying combinations of colours, which at every succeeding moment it presents to you are the exquisitely adjusted pictures of your ever-moving thoughts.”
- “Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.”
- “He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: environment is but a looking glass.”
- “You cannot escape the results of your thoughts. Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.”
- “The vision that you glorify in your mind, the Ideal that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, this you will become.”
- “Let a man radically alter his thoughts, and he will be astonished at the rapid transformation it will effect in the material conditions of his life.”
- “Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot; it rapidly crystallises into habit, and habit solidifies into circumstance.
Also, check out: 500+ Instagram Bio for Girls (Swag Attitude Cute Short)
Famous As a Man Thinketh quotes
The most famous quotes from the novel ‘As a Man Thinketh’.
- “If you would protect your body, guard your mind. If you would renew your body, beautify your mind. Thoughts of malice, envy, disappointment, despondency, rob the body of its health and grace.”
- “The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality.”
- “Out of a clean heart comes a clean life and a clean body. Out of a defiled mind proceeds a defiled life and a corrupt body. Thought is the fount of action, life, and manifestation; make the fountain pure, and all will be pure.”
- “To begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment.”
- “Until thought is linked with purpose there is no intelligent accomplishment. With the majority the bark of thought is allowed to “drift” upon the ocean of life. Aimlessness is a vice, and such drifting must not continue for him who would steer clear of catastrophe and destruction.”
- “All that man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts. His suffering and happiness are evolved from within. As he thinks, so he is. As he continues to think, so he remains.”
- “He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would accomplish much must sacrifice much. He, who would attain highly, must sacrifice greatly.”
- “There is no physician like cheerful thought for dissipating the ills of the body; there is no comforter to compare with goodwill for dispersing the shadows of grief and sorrow.”
- “Victories attained by right thought can only be maintained by watchfulness. Many give way when success is assured, and rapidly fall back into failure.”
- “Change of diet will not help a man who will not change his thoughts. When a man makes his thoughts pure, he no longer desires impure food. Clean thoughts make clean habits.”
Also, Check out: FUNNY Instagram Captions 2020 (Copy Paste)
As a Man Thinketh quotes on mind
You’ll find here everything to keep your mind at peace.
- “A particular train of thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce its results on the character and circumstances. A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances.”
- “The outer conditions of a person’s life will always be found to reflect their inner beliefs.”
- “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.”
- “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.”
- “The outer condition of a person’s life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state. Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.”
- “You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.”
- “Man is made or unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace.”
- “Man is made or unmade by himself. By the right choice he ascends. As a being of power, intelligence, and love, and the commander of his own thoughts, he holds the key to every situation.”
- “A person is limited only by the thought that he chooses.”
- “Man is the master of thought, the molder of character, and the maker and shaper of condition, environment, and destiny.”
- “A man is literally what he thinks.”
- “Our life is what our thoughts make it. A man will find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter towards him.”
Also, Check out: Best Song Lyrics Captions | (Hindi English Punjabi Attitude)
The best of these quotes for your Instagram.
- “A sour face does not come by chance; it is made by sour thoughts.”
- “When mental energy is allowed to follow the line of least resistance and to fall into easy channels, it is called weakness.”
- “Man is always the master, even in his weakest and most abandoned state; but in his weakness and degradation he is the foolish master who misgoverns his ‘household.’”
- “A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile. And builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts; ceases to kick against circumstances but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of the hidden powers and possibilities within himself.”
- “Anxiety quickly demoralizes the whole body, and lays it open to the entrance of disease.”
- “The cause of all power, as of all weakness, is within; the secret of all happiness as of all misery is likewise within.”
- “The body is the servant of the mind. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed. At the bidding of unlawful (unhealthy) thoughts, the body sinks rapidly into disease and decay; at the command of glad and beautiful thoughts, it becomes clothed with youthfulness and beauty.”
- “Thoughts of doubt and fear never accomplished anything, and never can. They always lead to failure.”
- “Doubt and fear are the great enemies of knowledge, and he who encourages them, who does not slay them, thwarts himself at every step.”
- “They who have conquered doubt and fear have conquered failure.”
- “He who has conquered weakness, and has put away all selfish thoughts, belong neither to the oppressor nor oppressed. He is free.”
- “A man can only rise, conquer, and achieve by lifting up his thoughts. He can only remain weak, and abject, and miserable by refusing to lift up his thoughts.”
Also, Check out: Standing pose captions|(side look attitude model)