Jimmy Carter is one of the most notable President of the United States of America. His reforms are still well known and appreciated, speaking fully he made lives of all Americans, including women and other minorities a lot better. He was truly a man in shining armor and changed the outlook of people throughout the world and left a huge imapct in the history of the whole wide world.
Read some of his views and sayings on international matters, leadership etc here. You will surely be looking forward to know more about him!
Choose your category
Who was Jimmy Carter?
James Earl Carter Jr. is an American philanthropist, author, and former politician who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as the 76th governor of Georgia from 1971 to 1975 and as a Georgia State senator from 1963 to 1967. Since leaving office, Carter has remained engaged in political and social projects. In 2002, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in co-founding the Carter Center.
Jimmy Carter Quotes on International matters
Everybody around the globe has matters that are so diverse. But this man handled everything so effortlessly. Get an essence of worldwide politics by reading these quotes by Jimmy Carter.
- If you don’t want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying that you want a country based on Christian values. Because you don’t!
- We cannot be both the world’s leading champion of peace and the world’s leading supplier of the weapons of war.
- America has had the best university system in the world for a long time. And so we have been innovators, not only in the discoveries as proven by Nobel Prizes in chemistry and physics and that sort of thing, but we’ve been able to put that into practical application with new gadgets that people admire.
- Spirit is like the wind, in that we can’t see it but can see its effects, which are profound.
- We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.
- It is difficult for the common good to prevail against the intense concentration of those who have a special interest, especially if the decisions are made behind locked doors.
- No matter where you go in the world in any country in Africa or Latin America and another place, you will find that China is very deeply involved in the affairs of that country.
- The heart and mind of every Muslim are affected by whether or not the Israel-Palestine issue is dealt with fairly.
- We’ve become increasingly addicted to the consumption of goods that we don’t produce ourselves, and a lot of the manufacturing has gone overseas.
- It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.
- It’s not necessary to fear the prospect of failure but to be determined not to fail.
Also, check out: Standing pose captions|(side look attitude model)
Jimmy Carter Quotes on faith
Faith is something that is different and sensitive for all. It binds us all as one. But also has the strength to break us into an infinite number of pieces. Learn what he had to say about faith!
- Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. In all of his teachings about multiple things – he never said that gay people should be condemned. I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies.
- The most important Bible teaching that I remembered when I was in the Navy and when I was Commander-in-Chief, was that we worshipped The Prince of Peace. Jesus Christ is The Prince of Peace. So, I considered myself, as a submarine officer, as helping to preserve the peace. And I felt the same way when I was president.
- We should live our lives as though Christ was coming this afternoon.
- I have a very personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It doesn’t depend on the fact that he can walk on water.
- I believe that we are saved by the grace of God because he loves us provided that we have faith in Jesus Christ.
- I hate to see complacency prevail in our lives when it’s so directly contrary to the teaching of Christ.
- Some major churches overemphasize the importance of preaching as a means to increase membership and fail to reach out with compassion to their neighbors in need.
- Billy Graham is one of my great lifetime heroes. I think he epitomizes the essence of what a Christian leader should be. I have participated in some of his crusades a couple of times in Atlanta. I’ve seen the profound impact he’s had on me personally, and on other people who were not Christians and accepted Christ as Savior.
- I am a nuclear physicist by training and a deeply committed Christian. I don’t have any doubt in my own mind about God who created the entire universe. But I don’t adhere to passages that so and so was created 4,000 years before Christ, and things of that kind.
Also, check out: Best Friend Instagram Captions | Short & Funny | Group Photos
Inspirational Jimmy Carter Quotes
Jimmy Carter, a brilliant human being full of life and beyond. He always made our eyes shine with his speeches and appearances. These quotes are the ones that will surely inspire you.
- We simply must have faith in each other, faith in our ability to govern ourselves, and faith in the future of this Nation. Restoring that faith and that confidence in America is now the most important task we face.
- Always I’m working on some of the books. That’s the way I make a living.
- I’m going to stay active as long as I can politically, and with the Carter Center primarily, and if I’m able mentally and physically, will continue to be quite active.
- Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.
- It’s abominable, and it’s a disgrace to a great democracy to see what’s happened in our country. The main reason for that has been the enormous infusion of high quantities of money to campaigns – governors, Congress, president and the U.S. Senate.
- We have been involved in more wars, on a bilateral basis, since the United Nations was formed than any other country by far.
- War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always evil, never good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other’s children.
- The respect for human rights is one of the most significant advantages of a free and democratic nation in the peaceful struggle for influence, and we should use this good weapon as effectively as possible.
- One of the most serious problems that our country has inherited is an unwillingness to talk to anyone who disagrees with us or who won’t accept, before a discussion, all the premises that we demand.
- Every advance in this half-century-Social Security, civil rights, Medicare, aid to education, one after another-came with the support and leadership of American Labor.
Also, check out: NATURE Instagram Captions for 2021
Jimmy Carter Quotes about diversity
True unity comes from diversity and togetherness. We all are diverse but have the same human nature of helping each other. And that is what makes us all strong in diversity.
- As a Christian, a trained engineer and scientist, and a professor at Emory University, I am embarrassed by Superintendent Kathy Cox’s attempt to censor and distort the education of Georgia’s students…. There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky and land on a flat Earth in order to defend our religious faith.
- The truth is that male religious leaders have had – and still have – an option to interpret holy teachings either to exalt or subjugate women. They have, for their own selfish ends, overwhelmingly chosen the latter.
- I believe in the separation of church and state and would not use my authority to violate this principle in any way.
- We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.”
- We believe that the first time we’re born, as children, it’s human life given to us; and when we accept Jesus as our Savior, it’s a new life. That’s what “born again” means.
- We can’t equate democracy with Christianity because the largest democracy on earth is India, which is primarily Hindu. The third-largest democracy is Indonesia, which is Islamic. Democracy and freedom are not dependent on Christian beliefs.
- This view that women are somehow inferior to men is not restricted to one religion or belief. It is widespread. Women are prevented from playing a full and equal role in many faiths.
- In order for us human beings to commit ourselves personally to the inhumanity of war, we find it necessary first to dehumanize our opponents, which is in itself a violation of the beliefs of all religions. Once we characterize our adversaries as beyond the scope of God’s mercy and grace, their lives lose all value.
- The government ought to stay out of the prayer business.
- Last year I was on Pat Robertson’s show, and we discussed our basic Christian faith – for instance, separation of church and state. It’s contrary to my beliefs to try to exalt Christianity as having some sort of preferential status in the United States. That violates the Constitution. I’m not in favor of mandatory prayer in school or of using public funds to finance religious education.
Also, check out: Best TRAVEL Instagram Captions for your 2021 Trip
Leadership quotes by Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter was one of the leaders whose name will go down in history. He made his country and citizens proud. Learn from these quotes how be a better leader.
- America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense, human rights invented America.
- I’m concerned about the negative aspect of political campaigning in the American nation, which is a new phenomenon. When I ran for president against Gerald Ford and later against Ronald Reagan we never referred to each other except as ‘my distinguished opponent’. And had we criticised personally our opponent it would have been political suicide, we would have been castigated and condemned for it.
- America has always been a country of innovation and dynamism, entrepreneurship. And I think that one of the things that have made our country great too is its heterogeneous population where people come here from all over the world.
- Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.
- We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other’s children.
- There is no other even moderately equal abuse than the murder of little baby girls – nothing else compares with that, in horror.I have a very real political awareness that at least on a transient basis the more drastic action taken by the president, the more popular it is.”
- I have one life and one chance to make it count for something… My faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference.
- The bottom line is this: Peace will come to Israel and the Middle East only when the Israeli government is willing to comply with international law, with the Roadmap for Peace, with official American policy, with the wishes of a majority of its own citizens – and honor its own previous commitments – by accepting its legal borders. All Arab neighbors must pledge to honor Israel’s right to live in peace under these conditions.
- There’s always enough to fill up the headlines in a newspaper, the evening news broadcasts. I’m always grateful when I get the weekly news magazines on Monday morning and don’t see my picture on the front.
Also, check out: FORMAL Instagram Captions for Guys & Girls 2021