Madam C.J. Walker was the wealthiest African-American businesswoman and wealthiest self-made black woman in America. Born as Sarah Breedlove, to parents recently freed from slavery. After developing a condition that caused hair loss, she developed a product that cured it and helps for the hair to grow back healthy. Her earnings through this were in millions.
She was a self-made millionaire hence her quotes are extremely relatable to the common man. Let’s look at some Madam C J Walker for all those entrepreneurs who don’t know where to start.
Choose your category
Who was Madam C.J. Walker?
Madam C.J. Walker was an African American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and political and social activist. She is recorded as the first female self-made millionaire in America in the Guinness Book of World Records. She made financial donations to numerous organizations and became a patron of the arts. Villa Lewaro, Walker’s lavish estate in Irvington, New York, served as a social gathering place for the African-American community.
Madam C.J. Walker Quotes to inspire you
These Madam C.J. Walker quotes tell us how much power to improve we have within ourselves. They will inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- Whatever success I have attained has been the result of much hard work and many sleepless nights.
- I am not satisfied in making money for myself. I endeavor to provide employment for hundreds of the women of my race.
- Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.
- Having a good article for the market is one thing, putting it properly before the public is another.
- I want others to look at us and see that we care not just about ourselves but about others.
- Love’s language is imprecise, fits more like mittens than gloves.
- My object in life is not simply to make money for myself.
- I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it!
- I want you to understand that your first duty is to humanity.
- If I have accomplished anything in life, it is because I have been willing to work hard.
Don’t miss pickup Lines for Tinder.
Well-know Madam C.J. Walker Quotes
Sometimes when you read a line something inside you changes. These quotes are the perfect example of that. These quotes are the best version of this iconic human being.
- I want the great masses of my people to take greater pride in their personal appearance and to give their hair proper attention.
- Keep in mind that you have something that the person standing before you really needs, imagine yourself a missionary and convert him.
- I love to use a part of what I make to help others.
- You might say that I was the first and caused others to awaken to the sense of their duty in helping deserving causes for the benefit of the race.
- I have always held myself out as a hair culturist. I grow hair.
- “It’s pretty hard for the Lord to guide you if you haven’t made up your mind which way to go.
- Never get impressed by someone’s appearance, rather dig deep down into their thoughts to reveal the real person inside out.
- People are ugly not in their face but in their thoughts.
- I feel that I am in a business that is a credit to the womanhood of our race.”
You will also like Haircut Captions.
Madam C.J. Walker Quotes to make your day
Madam C.J. Walker is a beautiful human being inside and out, her life is inspiring. These quotes by her will light up your day and make it awesome.
- Now I realize that in the so-called higher walks of life, many were prone to look down upon ‘hairdressers’ as they called us, they didn’t.
- I was promoted from there to the washtub, then I was promoted to the cook kitchen, and from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations.
- I am not ashamed of my past. I am not ashamed of my humble beginning.
- America doesn’t respect anything but money. What our people need is a few millionaires.
- There is no royal flower-strewn path to success.
- I have built my own factory on my own ground!
- I had to go down and dignify this work, so much so that many of the best women of our race are now engaged in this line of business, and many of them are now in my employ.
- Surely you are not going to shut the door in my face.
- I have not found it for I have accomplished anything in life it is because I have been willing to work hard.
- I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South.
Don’t miss pickup Lines for Tinder.
Quotes by Madam C.J. Walker on success
There is a certain recipe for reaching on top and it is nothing ordinary. You need to work twice as hard. Find out the secret of her success through these quotes.
- I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless.
- Hair is power. You can’t imagine what it is like to lose it.
- Everybody told me I was making a mistake by going into this business, but I know how to grow hair as well as I know how to grow cotton.
- Girls and women of our race must not be afraid to take hold of business endeavor and, by patient industry, close economy, determined effort, and close application to business, wring success out of a number of business opportunities that lie at their doors.
- We must not let our love of country, our patriotic loyalty cause us to abate one whit in our protest against wrong and injustice.
- There would be no hair growing business today had I not started it.
- I employ in that factory seven people, including a bookkeeper, a stenographer, a cook and a house girl.
- I got my start by giving myself a start.
- One night I had a dream… that dream… told me what to mix up for my hair. I made up my mind I would begin to sell it.
- One can slide between poor and rich.
- Open your own shop. Secure prosperity and freedom.
- Britain has invented a new missile. It’s called the civil servant, it doesn’t work and it can’t be fired.
Check out Gym Pickup Lines.