Psychology is the key to life and success. Understanding your mind is the most important task you will ever be assigned in your lifetime. The growth of your mindset is extremely important for you to grow in life and excel. You need to be in the right mind space to be sensitive and understanding the needs of other people.
And how to make your mindset grow you ask? These quotes by Carol Dweck will motivate you and give you a clear pathway to success. Keep on reading to realize and initiate your growth.
Choose your category
Who is Carol Susan Dweck?
Carol Susan Dweck is an American psychologist. She is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University. She is known for her work on mindset. She was on the faculty at many famous universities before joining the Stanford University faculty in 2004. She is a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science.
Carol Dweck on Growth Mindset
Dweck defines a growth mindset as: “In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.”
- Becoming is better than being.
- In a growth mindset, challenges are exciting rather than threatening. So rather than thinking, oh, I’m going to reveal my weaknesses, you say, wow, here’s a chance to grow.
- We as educators must take seriously our responsibility to create growth-mindset-friendly environments – where kids feel safe from judgement, where they understand that we believe in their potential to grow, and where they know that we are totally dedicated to collaborating with them on their learning. We are in the business of helping kids thrive, not finding reasons why they can’t.
- Many growth-minded people didn’t even plan to go to the top. They got there as a result of doing what they love. It’s ironic: The top is where the fixed-mindset people hunger to be, but it’s where many growth-minded people arrive as a by-product of their enthusiasm for what they do.
- You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way.
- This growth mindset is based on the belief that your basic qualities are things you can cultivate through your efforts. Although people may differ in every which way – in their initial talents and aptitudes, interests, or temperaments – everyone can change and grow through application and experience.
- The growth mindset allows people to value what they’re doing regardless of the outcome.
- Teaching is a wonderful way to learn.
- People in a growth mindset don’t just seek challenge, they thrive on it. The bigger the challenge, the more they stretch. And nowhere can it be seen more clearly than in the world of sports. You can just watch people stretch and grow.
- This growth mindset is based on the belief that your basic qualities are things you can cultivate through your efforts.
- In fact, every word and action can send a message. It tells children – or students, or athletes – how to think about themselves. It can be a fixed-mindset message that says: You have permanent traits and I’m judging them. Or it can be a growth-mindset message that says: You are a developing person and I am interested in your development.
For a detailed guide and more tips, do check out The Ultimate Guide to Writing Good Instagram Captions
New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
Carol Dweck found that we all have different beliefs about the underlying nature of ability. Children and adults with a growth mindset believe that intelligence and abilities can be developed through effort, persistence, trying different strategies and learning from mistakes.
- What did you learn today? What mistake did you make that taught you something? What did you try hard at today?
- Important achievements require a clear focus, all-out effort, and a bottomless trunk full of strategies. Plus allies in learning.
- We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary.
- It’s for you to decide whether change is right for you right now. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. But either way keep the growth mindset in your thoughts then when you bump up against obstacles you can turn to it, it will always be there for you showing you a path into the future.
- Why seek out the tried and true, instead of experiences that will stretch you?
- The wrong kind of praise creates self-defeating behavior. The right kind motivates students to learn.
- True self-confidence is “the courage to be open – to welcome change and new ideas regardless of their source.” Real self-confidence is not reflected in a title, an expensive suit, a fancy car, or a series of acquisitions. It is reflected in your mindset: your readiness to grow.
- More and more research is suggesting that, far from being simply encoded in the genes, much of personality is a flexible and dynamic thing that changes over the life span and is shaped by experience.
- When you’re lying on your deathbed, one of the cool things to say is, ‘I really explored myself.’ This sense of urgency was instilled when my mom died. If you only go through life doing stuff that’s easy, shame on you.
- What can I learn from this? What will I do next time I’m in this situation?
Have a look at Smooth pickup Lines.
Powerful Quotes by Carol Dweck
Power is not overrated. Power is something that keeps you going and shining. Read below and grab some power from this amazing personal.
- Effort is one of those things that gives meaning to life. Effort means you care about something, that something is important to you and you are willing to work for it.
- Is there something you’ve always wanted to do but were afraid you weren’t good at? Make a plan to do it.
- Your horse is only as fast as your brain. Every time you learn something, your horse will move ahead.
- On the whole, people with a fixed mindset prefer effortless success, since that’s the best way to prove their talent.
- You can always substantially change how intelligent you are.
- Create an organization that prizes the development of ability – and watch the leaders emerge.
- In one world, failure is about having a setback. Getting a bad grade. Losing a tournament. Getting fired. Getting rejected. It means you’re not smart or talented. In the other world, failure is about not growing. Not reaching for the things you value. It means you’re not fulfilling your potential.
- An assessment at one point in time has little value for understanding someone’s ability, let alone their potential to succeed in the future.
- When Do You Feel Smart: When You’re Flawless or When You’re Learning?
- They’d had no interest in proving themselves. They just did what they loved – with tremendous drive and enthusiasm – and it led where it led.
- Research shows that normal young children misbehave every three minutes.
- If you’re somebody when you’re successful, what are you when you’re unsuccessful?
- The best thing parents can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.
Also, check out SHORT Instagram Captions
Best Motivational sayings by Carol Dweck
Changing our mindset is not at all easy and we hope that these motivational sayings by Carol Dweck will inspire you to take a step forward towards the change!
- A company that cannot self-correct cannot thrive.
- For them it’s not about immediate perfection. It’s about learning something over time: confronting a challenge and making progress.
- Mistakes are so interesting. Here’s a wonderful mistake. Let’s see what we can learn from it.
- No matter what your current ability is, effort is what ignites that ability and turns it into accomplishment.
- Picture your brain forming new connections as you meet the challenge and learn. Keep on going.
- You have to work hardest for the things you love most.
- It is not always people who start out the smartest who end up the smartest.
- The great teachers believe in the growth of the intellect and talent, and they are fascinated with the process of learning.
- Skills and achievement come through commitment and effort.
- When people believe their basic qualities can be developed, failures may still hurt, but failures don’t define them. And if abilities can be expanded – if change and growth are possible – then there are still many paths to success.
- People with the growth mindset know that it takes time for potential to flower.
Also, check out: Best ATTITUDE Captions for Instagram 2021
Growth and a healthy lifestyle should be the mantra for all of our lives. It never stops and only helps us to move forward in our life. We hope that you got a huge amount of motivation from these Carol Dweck’s quotes to move forward and excel in you day!