Known for incredible landscapes, the Lochness monster, and Whiskey the vibrant country of Scotland is one of the most beautiful places in the world! So if you’re looking to learn more then you’re in the right place. Below I’ve curated a bumper list of Scotland quotes, Scotland Captions, Beauty of Scotland quotes, Edinburgh Instagram, Funny Scottish Puns, that are guaranteed to have you booking your next trip! Not only can you use these quotes about Scotland to inspire your vacation, but they are also perfect for those looking for Scotland Captions for Instagram!
Well, we don’t have a Scotland trip planned for you guys. But we do have Top-Rated Captions that are innovative and wide-ranging for your photos. For your pictures with friends, pictures of the scenic beauty, pictures of that sunset, photos of tourist attractions, and a lot more. Scroll down to find just the right caption!
Choose your category
Scotland Captions Funny
Are you just back from a trip to Scotland and looking for Scotland Captions that are funny and worthy of your Instagram pictures. Scroll below to find these Scotland Captions Funny.
- We Slovenians are even better misers than you Scottish. Do you know how Scotland began? One of us Slovenians was spending too much money, so we put him on a boat and he landed in Scotland.’ ― Slavoj Žižek
- ‘Kilt, n. – a costume was sometimes worn by Scotsmen in America and Americans in Scotland.’ – Ambrose Bierce
- It is true that I once refused to eat haggis in Scotland and this did not sit well with the local population. –Rick Riordan
- Scotland is a picturesque country where the people are friendly yet completely incomprehensible. Also, the national delicacy is a sheep’s stomach filled with its liver, lungs, and heart. –Adam Schlesinger
- Scotland had oil, but it’s running out due to all that deep frying.
- ‘Wait, Scotland Yard isn’t in Scotland? Next, you’ll tell me the Loch Ness Monster isn’t real!’
- If you’re trout fishing in the lochs of Scotland, your catch may end up like this: batter-crusted with that ubiquitous Scottish staple, oats; and served beside a generous mound of stovies, Scottish slang for stove-roasted potatoes. –Jonathan Miles
- There’s a lot of fantasy about what Scotland is, and the shortbread tins and that sort of thing. –Sean Connery
- ‘There are three reasons why I live in Scotland. First, I like silence, and you have to be a millionaire to buy silence in Italy. Second, I like cold weather. Third, in Italy, I have too many relatives and know too many people, so I never get quiet time.’ – Gian Carlo Menotti
For a detailed guide and more tips, do check out The Ultimate Guide to Writing Good Instagram Captions
Beauty of Scotland Captions
No caption is worthy enough to describe how beautiful Scotland is, however we bought some Beautiful Instagram Captions justifying the beauty of Scotland or maybe they try to!
- I don’t want to go to heaven, I want to go to Scotland
- If you follow your heart just right, it will get you to Scotland
- People never forget two things: their first love and their first day in Scotland
- Time and tide for nae man bide – Time waits for no man
- You can leave Scotland, but it will never leave you
- Scotland gives me butterflies
- Whit’s fur ye’ll no go past ye – Whatever will be, will be
- Thank you Scotland for making me feel so alive
- Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a ticket to Scotland
Check out more short captions at 130+ SHORT Instagram Captions in Few Words
Edinburgh Instagram Captions
Down here is a list of some much-needed captions for you. Yes, the heading gave it away, we have a list of Edinburgh Captions for you. Scroll below to find your Edinburgh Caption!
- Guys, I want a castle
- My incurable wanderlust has brought me to…Edinburgh!
- Here for the views and castles
- Well put on a kilt and call me Scottish
- No, mom, I haven’t picked up a Scottish accent yet
- Never met a castle I didn’t like
- PSA – Update your address books, I live here now
- Falling in love with Edinburgh all over again
- Dear Edinburgh, you’re my absolute favorite
- It’s a Scotland thing, you wouldn’t understand
- Keep calm and…I can’t keep calm, I’m going to Edinburgh!
Check out more funny Instagram captions at 1000+ FUNNY Instagram Captions
Funny Scottish Instagram Puns
We got our hands on these Funny Scottish puns and trust me these will be perfect for your Instagram pictures, so here we got a list of Instagram puns based on Scotland. Scroll below to find them
- The Scottish Highlands are not to be mist!
- Don’t let him get away Scot free.
- Love Scotland? Kilt-y as charged!
- Leaving on a jet-Thane.
- Highland cattle snuggle up in the rain to keep each udder dry.
- Something wicked this way puns.
- In-Thane in the membrane.
- If you don’t love Scotland, you should be tartan fettered.
Find more Cool Captions for Instagram at 230+ COOL Instagram Captions
Scotland Quotes Travel
Scotland is an amazing place to travel and then with loads of pictures to post online. Do not worry we have got you covered with these Scotland Quotes to travel. Scroll below to find Scotland Quotes Travel.
- “There are three reasons why I live in Scotland. First, I like silence, and you have to be a millionaire to buy silence in Italy. Second, I like cold weather. Third, in Italy, I have too many relatives and know too many people, so I never get quiet time.” – Gian Carlo Menotti
- “I absolutely love Scotland. I’m always happy there.” – Jennifer Saunders
- “It is one of the most hauntingly beautiful places in the world, the history is fascinating, the men are handsome and the whiskey is delicious.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Scotland is so gorgeous that every time I’m there, I start to dream of living there. I want to buy one of those whitewashed cottages with thatch roofs and gaze out at the sea and read my books.” – Julia London
- “I love Scotland, mainly for its landscape. I like walking, and it’s a great place to go hiking” – Toby Stephens
- “Scotland is about layering. The weather changes every 10 minutes.” – Sam Heughan
- There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter.” – Billy Connolly
- “My heart’s in the Highlands, my heart is not here. My heart’s in the Highlands, chasing the deer. A-chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe, My heart’s in the Highlands wherever I go.” – Robert Burns
- “Hey, single malt Scotch, you’re thirty years old. When are you going to settle down and get married to my stomach?” – Stephen Colbert
- “There are few places in my life that I’ve found more ruggedly beautiful than the Highlands of Scotland. The place is magical – it’s so far north, so remote, that sometimes it feels like you’ve left this world and gone to another.” – Julia London
- “Scotland is a picturesque country where the people are friendly yet completely incomprehensible. Also, the national delicacy is a sheep’s stomach filled with its liver, lungs, and heart.” – Adam Schlesinger
To find more captions for boys, check out 321+ Boys Instagram Captions for Cool & Smart Guys
After covering captions and quotes we covered some Scotland ouns so you can put up your Instagram Pictures. Scroll below to find the much needed Scotland Puns for you!
- Kiltn’ it
- I need to mull over my decision on which Scotch to pick.
- Even the rain can’t dampen Scotland’s beauty.
- Some like it, Scot!
- Kilt: It’s what happened to the last person who called it a skirt
- Don’t think Scottish sheep are the cutest? Ewe gotta be kidding me!
- The Scottish Highlands are not to be mist!
- Highland cattle snuggle up in the rain to keep each udder dry.
- I don’t want to leave, but it’s time to Glasgow.
- Thistle nicely.
- Winter in Scotland is snow joke!
- Ardbeg your pardon?
- Scotch is neat.
Find more captions for girls, check out 451+ Girls Instagram Captions for Short, Cute & Brown Girls
Scottish Sayings Photo Captions
Some sayings that only Scottish people can understand. We got that covered for you, if you want to put up Scottish Sayings as Photo Captions then scroll below tr list for Scottish Sayings Photo Captions!
- “Yer bum’s oot the windae!” (You’re talking nonsense)
- Keep the heid.” (Stay calm)
- “Mony a mickle maks a muckle.” (Even a small amount of money can grow to a pretty penny)
- “Ah dinnae ken!” (I don’t know)
- “Wur tearin’ the tartan!” (We’re having a good conversation)
- “Whit’s fur ye’ll no go past ye.” (Whatever will be, will be)
- “Guid gear comes in sma’ bulk.” (Good things come in small packages)
- “Lang may yer lum reek.” (I wish you well for the future)
Check out more attitude captions at 100+ Best ATTITUDE Instagram Captions
Famous Quotes on Scotland
We covered a wide range of quotes based on the beauty, the weather, the cuisine of Scotland. Here is a list of Famous Quotes on Scotland, Scroll below and find these famous quotes.
- On its beauty: “There are few places in my life that I’ve found more ruggedly beautiful than the Highlands of Scotland. The place is magical – it’s so far north, so remote, that sometimes it feels like you’ve left this world and gone to another.” – Julia London
- On its weather: “There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter.” – Billy Connolly
- On last requests: “Give me but one out of Scotland, let me see it ere I die.” – William Edmondstoune Aytoun
- On stealing the show: “Scotland is undoubtedly the star of Outlander. I’m so proud of the country and all it has to offer.” – Sam Heughan
- On the cuisine: “The best food in the world comes from Scotland, in part at least, because Scotland is the last wilderness area in Europe; therefore the land, freshwater rivers and lochs and sea waters around the country are clean and pure.” – Lady Claire MacDonald
- On poetry: “Poetry, the reading of it, the writing of it, the saying it out loud, the learning of it off by heart, matters deeply to ordinary Scottish people everywhere.” – Liz Lochead
- On magic: “There’s no place on earth with more of the old superstitions and magic mixed into its daily life than the Scottish Highlands.” – Diana Gabaldon
- On music: “Scotland has an in-built sound system that never stops thumping. Music runs deep and I like to think of all the great songs and voices that have come out of the country, and all the music that is yet to come.” – KT Tunstall
- On superstition: “[Macbeth] is historically set in a place depicted by Shakespeare as brutal and violent, incredibly superstitious, and that’s something that I do believe is Scottish.” – James McAvoy
- On its history: “It is one of the most hauntingly beautiful places in the world, the history is fascinating, the men are handsome and the whisky is delicious.” – JK Rowling
- On invention: “Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” – Winston Churchill
- On being larger than life: “There’s nothing small about Scotland. We’re all about big, beautiful scenery and giant intellects that invented the likes of penicillin, telephone and TV. We enjoy gigantic portions of grub and throw ourselves wholeheartedly into our football and rugby clubs.” – Lorraine Kelly
- On keeping your roots: “Being on tour so often, in fact, enhances my appreciation and pride in being from Scotland. In such a competitive world, I believe it is my Scottish roots that have enabled me to keep a sincere and realistic approach to everything I do.” – Nicola Benedetti
- On civilisation: “We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” – Voltaire
Check out other selfie captions at 200+ Short SMILE Instagram Captions for Selfies